Founded in 1992 and led by former High Court Justice the Hon Ian Callinan AC QC, the Samuel Griffith Society is Australia’s pre-eminent legal affairs society dedicated to upholding the Commonwealth Constitution and promoting Australian federalism. To find out more or to join visit: http://samuelgriffith.org/.
Xavier joined the Society in 2015. He was initially responsible for assisting Stuart Wood AM QC with his responsibilities as the Society’s Secretary, before taking on the role of Membership Officer.
He was promoted to Director of Strategy at the beginning of 2020, before his appointment as Executive Director at the end of FY 2019-20.
The Samuel Griffith Society
- Holds an annual conference featuring Australia’s foremost judges, lawyers, lawmakers and legal scholars
- Publishes Upholding the Australian Constitution
- Promotes public discussion and debate concerning significant constitutional issues
- Undertakes and supports research into Australia’s constitutional arrangements
- Engages in public education and advocacy